2nd Grade Number Sense & Place Value Math Challenges | Daily Math Warm Ups
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These 2nd Grade Place Value Critical Thinking Activities were specifically designed for high achieving and gifted and talented math students in grades 2 or 3. The 2nd grade place activities and questions allow students to demonstrate conceptual understanding and think deeply as they answer innovativPrice $9.00Original Price $15.00Save $6.00
Help your students develop a deeper understanding of 2nd grade number sense and place value with these daily math warm ups and math morning work! Included in this 2nd grade place value math challenges resource are 60 higher-order thinking challenges that your students will LOVE! Geared for 2nd grade, these daily math warm ups will help your students develop a math mindset and build a deep and rich understanding of 2nd grade number sense as well as place value. The place value math challenges focus on analyzing, comparing and contrasting, creating analogies, logic and deductive reasoning, identifying misconceptions, error analysis, and applying knowledge in a new situation.
2nd Grade Number Sense & Place Value Math Challenges include:
- 60 Full Page Slides in both PDF and PowerPoint format
- 60 Place Value Math Challenge Task Cards (4 per page)
- Answer keys for all problems
- Recording Sheets
- Two partner games with differentiated versions
- 10 Math Mindset posters you can display in your room
Watch your students thrive when it comes to 2nd grade number sense as they develop a conceptual understanding of place value, rather than simply answering lower-level questions. These place value daily math warm ups include task cards and games to help keep your students engaged throughout the entire lesson.
Using this 2nd grade number sense and place value resource is easy! Apart from math daily warm ups you can use it in a math center/station, as a bell ringer, on a math mindset daily challenge board, a scoot game, cooperative learning (think, pair, share), early finishers, math journals, guided math groups, math talks, exit tickets, and even as homework! The best part is that these daily warm ups are Common Core aligned so you know you will be hitting those important standards.
See What Other Teachers Are Saying…
- This resource is perfect for my high-achieving math students! I love the critical thinking that is required!
- Great resource! I love how the questions really get the kids thinking!
- These are the BEST! I used them on an observation and got high marks for having such a rigorous lesson!
Need more engaging activities for your classroom? Check these out!:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it, and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom to create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright © Keep ‘em Thinking!, Susan Morrow. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY and may be used only by the original downloader. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. You may not distribute or display this product digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Keep 'em Thinking!
Connect with Me: