Also included in
- Foundational skills are basic skills that help solidify students' knowledge and understanding of print. There are two clusters within this second grade bundle: Phonics and Word Recognition and Fluency. In the two clusters, you will find standards-based resources to help students understand phonemic$29.00$33.50Save $4.50
- Teach your 2nd grade students all of the Common Core ELA standards with ease. This bundle provides you with lesson plans for all standards, plus supplemental activities for students to practice their reading, writing, language, foundational skills, and speaking and listening skills. Current digital$175.00$280.50Save $105.50
This second grade phonics and word recognition pack is a common core aligned product. It aligns to the cluster of standards in the Reading: Foundational Skills domain, which includes RF2.3, RF.2.3a, RF.2.3.b, RF.2.3.c, RF.2.3.d, RF.2.3.e. This cluster of standards is phonics and word recognition which for second graders, is the understanding of the sounds that vowels make and how vowels can change words, syllables and how to break apart syllables, vowel teams, prefixes and suffixes, and inconsistent spelling in words.
Updates- Please read: This resource is part of a big 2021 RF update. New lesson plans have been added to each of the RF units and the activities have also been expanded. The RF2.3 bundles have been split up into individual standards units.
Check out the preview to see all that you're getting!
In this Phonics and Word Recognition pack, you will receive:
- Mini Lessons
- Hands-on Centers
- Interactive Notebook Activities
- RF.2.3.a- Long and Short Vowels
- RF.2.3.b- Vowel Teams
- RF.2.3.c- Two-Syllable Words
- RF.2.3.d- Prefixes and Suffixes
- RF.2.3.e & f- Inconsistent Spelling
This bundle includes the SAME units as RF.2 Bundle, except it does NOT include the Fluency unit (since that is a different cluster). If you're interested in these units AND fluency, please purchase the RF.2 Bundle here.
Save more money when buying the bundle.
OR save even more when buying a full-year ELA curriculum, which this RF is included in.
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you're interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Know spelling-sound correspondences for additional common vowel teams.
Decode regularly spelled two-syllable words with long vowels.
Decode words with common prefixes and suffixes.
Identify words with inconsistent but common spelling-sound correspondences.
Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.