2nd Grade Place Value TEKS PowerPoint
Number lines, decomposing, comparing, place value discs and base-ten blocks make this comprehensive presentation a valuable tool for 2nd grade Texas teachers. It is interactive and full of TEK specific content. It keeps the students engaged with variety, choice, rigor, and partner time. It contains a great deal of animation and the text is fully editable. You can add slides, delete slides or rearrange slides. The clip art is "glued" in place but the text and animation are easy to edit.
The content of the presentation is divided into 9 sections:
1. Wagon Wheel Slides: Introduce place value and practice the use of base ten blocks.
2. Sheriff Badge Slides: Introduce and practice the use of place value discs.
3. Cowboy Hat Slides: Introduce and practice the use of open number lines - both horizontal and vertical.
4. Fence Post Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of comparing numbers.
5. Cowboy Boot Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of composing and decomposing large numbers.
6. CowboySlides: Using Place Value to Add and Subtract
7. Barrel Slides: Introduce and practice representing numbers with multiple models: Standard Form, Word Form, Expanded form.
8. True False Quiz: Students respond to 10 comprehensive thought provoking questions in a whole group setting.
9. Questions for Math Journals: Offer choice and are placed in the back but can be easily moved forward as desired.
Students respond to practice questions on marker boards or paper. At times, they share with a partner and at times they work with small groups. This presentation is created with the top TEK resources in mind. It is suggested to spend 10 days working towards mastery of the skills and concepts contained in the slide show.
Please Note: The PowerPoint contains a lot of embedded font which is compatible on a PC version but at this time I do not have a version that a Mac can read properly. Check the preview. If it works well the entire presentation will work just fine. iPads cannot read the base ten fonts.
Visit my store
for other products to engage, enrich, and empower your students.
Other products you might like include:
Anchor Activities for Early Finishers
Decode Key Concepts in 2nd Grade Math
This resource, created by Paula McClendon at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC, is licensed for one classroom use only.
Keywords: | Place Value | Decomposing Numbers| Decompose | Compose | Number lines | Open number lines | Place Value Disks | Expanded form | Base ten | Base ten blocks | Word Problems | Comparing Numbers | Comparing Decimals | Texas TEKS | Math TEKS | 2nd Grade TEKS | 2nd Grade Math TEKS| Foundation in Numbers | Foundations in Number | Unit 1 | Place Value Presentation |