Welcome to Mathtastic! Your SOLUTION to all math problems!
This math product was created to support the Place Value Unit embedded within the Common Core standards for Second Grade math.
Your students will have a blast competing against each other for the title of Place Value Champion! They will prove their Place Value knowledge by answering common core related questions to advance on a Playground- themed game board! This game will definitely keep your students’ engaged, keep their place value skills sharp, and is perfect for small group review throughout the year. Using this game in a math center or as a station during Math Workshop is ideal.
The following topics are covered in this game:
- Determining how many hundreds, tens, and ones make up a number
- Converting expanded form to standard form
- Skip counting by 5s, 10s, and 100s
- Using pictorial representations to determine the greater or lesser value of a number
- Converting standard form to word form
- Comparing hundreds
This product contains 59 pages which include:
- Game Set-Up and Rules
- A Perfectly-Sized Creative and Brightly Colored Game Board
- 84– Common Core Supported Game Cards (with Answer Key)
- Student Answer Sheets and More!
If you are interested in this game, Mathtastic has MANY other great place value games that may interest you. Each game focuses on practicing specific place value skills in a fun and interactive way...plus, you can get them all at a FANTASTIC price! Click on the place value bundle link below to check it out:
Mathtastic's 2nd Grade Place Value MEGA Bundle for Common Core
Thank you for getting your students excited about math! Have a Mathtastic Day!!!