Also included in
- These second grade digital passages and graphic organizers are all standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature and informational standards. These are made for Google Classroom, and they all come as Google Slides. These passages and graphic organizers cover the RL and R$32.00$44.00Save $12.00
These digital passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on information, or nonfiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they're made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for second grade students. There are a total of 89 passages for 2nd graders to use with informational, or nonfiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers and passages are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They've been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom. If you want lesson plans and the full units, follow the link (non-digital ELA units) to shop the full units that also come with the digital links.
- RI2.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 9 passages
- RI2.2- Main Topic- 11 passages
- RI2.3- Making Connections- 9 passages
- RI2.4- Unknown Words and Context Clues- 9 passages
- RI2.5- Text Features- 9 passages
- RI2.6- Author's Purpose- 9 passages
- RI2.7- Images in a Text- 8 passages
- RI2.8- Author's Point and Reasons- 9 passages
- RI2.9- Compare and Contrast- 16 passages (8 sets of passages)
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 9 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you'd like to use these graphic organizers...
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Here is a list of titles/topics covered in each unit (with Lexile levels)...
- The Sun- 670L
- Hammerhead Sharks- 530L
- Florida- 540L
- Fruits- 590L
- Sunscreens- 640L
- The Desert- 580L
- Manatees- 550L
- Calendars- 540L
- Ducks- 550L
- Cleaning the House- 590L
- How Camels Survive- 570L
- Plants- 590L
- In the Ocean- 580L
- Getting Ready- 690L
- Hospitals- 590L
- 'Sit, Stay'- 540L
- Making Ice Cream- 540L
- Becoming Famous- 580L
- Making Better Choices- 520L
- Water Ahead- 680L
- Rosa Parks- 660L
- How to Build a Sandcastle- 540L
- Frog Life Cycle- 590L
- Growing a Plant- 570L
- Two States of Water- 580L
- Making PB&Js- 560L
- Making Brownies- 580L
- Christopher Columbus- 660L
- Brothers in Flight- 550L
- Communities- 690L
- Mount Everest- 560L
- Lewis and Clark- 650L
- Moon Phases- 510L
- The Animal Kingdom- 560L
- Factories- 640L
- Out in Space- 590L
- Digging for Fossils- 660L
- Handy Workers- 570L
- Dog Obedience- 630L
- Moons of Space- 640L
- Coral Reefs- 690L
- Exploring Bugs- 590L
- Animal Sounds- 580L
- Dirt Bikes- 520L
- Plant Life Cycle- 580L
- Can You See?- 680L
- Frogs- 590L
- Sign Language- 570L
- Museums- 560L
- How to Swim- 590L
- Using Sunscreen- 590L
- Zoos- 580L
- How to Bake Cupcakes- 590L
- Electric Cars- 590L
- Flamingos- 570L
- How Your Brain Works- 530L
- The Heart- 490L
- Observatories- 640L
- Neckties- 580L
- New York City- 570L
- Healthy Teeth- 580L
- Animal Eyes- 560L
- Frogs- 580L
- The Clear Choice- 500L
- Having a Growth Mindset- 560L
- Getting Enough Z's- 520L
- Seatbelts- 650L
- Brushing Your Teeth- 610L
- What's an Okapi?-550L
- Bike Safety- 590L
- Fast Food- 550L
- Camouflage- 600L
- Making Guacamole (580L) and Making Salsa (570L
- Clownfish (530L) and Lionfish (570L)
- All About Tornadoes (640L) and Staying Safe (650L)
- iPods (550L) and iPads (570L)
- How Video Games Help (660L) and How Video Games Hurt (690L)
- Recycling Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (600L) and Reusing Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (670L)
- A Friendly Ocean Animal (680L) and A Fierce Ocean Animal (660L)
- Warm Weather Penguins (570L) and Cold Weather Penguins (530L)
Common Core Reading Informational Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.1- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.2- Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.3- Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.5- Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.6- Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.7- Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.8- Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.9- Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
Members, please read: This unit is already included in the Elementary Nest ELA Membership. If you are a member, no need to purchase. You already have access to this!