Also included in
- These second grade digital passages and graphic organizers are all standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature and informational standards. These are made for Google Classroom, and they all come as Google Slides. These passages and graphic organizers cover the RL and R$32.00$44.00Save $12.00
These digital passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature or fiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they're made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for second grade students. There are a total of 74 passages for 2nd graders to use with literature or fiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers and passages are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They've been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom. If you want lesson plans and the full units, follow the link (non-digital ELA units) to shop the full units that also come with the digital links.
- RL2.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 13 passages
- RL2.2- Recount a Story- 9 passages
- RL2.3- Character Challenge and Response- 11 passages
- RL2.4- Unknown Words & Context Clues- 6 passages
- RL2.5- Story Structure- 7 passages
- RL2.6- Point of View- 9 passages
- RL2.7- Illustrations in a Text- 9 passages
- RL2.9- Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts- 10 passages [5 sets of passages]
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 8 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you'd like to use these graphic organizers...
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Literature Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.1- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.2- Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.3- Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.4- Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.5- Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and the ending concludes the action.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.6- Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.7- Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.9- Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
This resource includes 100+ practice slides.