2nd Grade Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions Print and Digital
Also included in
- This Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade Comprehension Bundle will provide your students with rigorous and focused daily comprehension practice. Each week includes an original text for students to read or have read to them. Each day, the students will practice a comprehension skill related to the texPrice $32.00Original Price $36.00Save $4.00
- Are you looking for reading comprehension passages with questions for your students? This bundle of reading comprehension passages will provide your kinder, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students with rigorous and focused daily reading comprehension practice. Each weekly passage includes an original passaPrice $45.00Original Price $48.00Save $3.00
Do your 2nd grade students struggle with reading comprehension? These 2nd grade reading comprehension passages and questions will provide your students with rigorous and focused daily reading comprehension practice.
Students will have 30 weeks of reading passages to read. Each passage comes with a week’s worth of comprehension questions, too!
This product has OVER 3,000 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews!
Teachers love this easy prep and engaging way to practice reading comprehension! Students love the fun stories and activities that go with each reading passage. There are 1st grade reading comprehension passages and skills related to the text for each week.
Do you need the digital version? It’s included! This is perfect if you teach virtually! You’ll receive the entire reading comprehension notebook as a fully interactive digital version for use in Google Slides.
This 2nd grade reading comprehension passages notebook includes:
- 30 weeks of reading comprehension passages - includes fiction and nonfiction
- Weekly reading comprehension questions to go with each text
- A fully interactive, digital, Google Slides version
Skills included in these 2nd grade reading comprehension passages:
- Beginning, middle, end
- Problem and solution
- Character analysis
- Main idea and details
- Cause and effect
This reading resource is perfect for 2nd grade students, but can also be used to challenge 1st grade students or to reteach 3rd grade students. I personally use different grade level reading notebooks in my classroom to differentiate and meet the individual needs of my students.
There are many ways to use these reading passages in your classroom:
- Whole group reading instruction
- Small group reading instruction
- Reading intervention
- Morning work
- Assessment tool
- Weekly homework
- Reading / ELA centers
- Partner work
You can use these reading comprehension notebooks in a variety of ways in your classroom. If most of your students are on the same reading level, comprehension notebooks are great to use in a whole group setting. If you have students with many different reading levels, use these reading comprehension notebooks in a small group setting. I personally like to use a variety of grade levels of my reading comprehension notebooks to differentiate for all of the levels of readers in my classroom.
The reading comprehension notebook is broken into a 5-day plan, but you can complete more than one day per setting. I usually break these into two class settings, but you can use these in any format that works best in your classroom.
⭐ Please see the PREVIEW to get an up-close look at the reading passages!
See What Other Teachers are Saying. . .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Theresa says, ""I have the first grade version and I loved it. It really helped the kids with their comprehension. When I found out I was moving to second grade I knew I had to have this. I can't wait to use it."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Sue says, “I love having this format for every day. I know it will be so helpful for me in assessing my second graders' progress. Thank you!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Cassandra says, “This resource is perfect for my students! It covers all the concepts that have been taught so we can cycle through and practice. I love the text-to-self connection at the end that incorporates writing. This is nice to get students not only to make connections to what they are reading but to get them working on those writing skills! GREAT resource!!"
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
RL.2.1, RL.2.2, RL.2.3, RL.2.7
RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI.2.4, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.10
More Fun and Engaging Resources from Fun in First!
Follow me on TpT:
Be the first to know about new products, sales, and freebies.
Look for the ★green star★ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
Connect with Me
Copyright © Jodi Southard
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.