This is a complete set of worksheet graphic organizers that can be used all throughout second grade! They are compatible with each reading informational text common core state standard! They can be used with any informational text throughout the year.
*Many are also compatible with K-5 CCSS for RI!
It is a set of 17 worksheets! Including:
1. 2RI1: Answer questions (5w/h Questions) about a text
2. 2RI1: Ask questions! Students generate their own questions using the 5w/h questions about a text!
3. 2RI2: Main Topic & Key Details: Students write the topic of the text and list 3 key details
4. 2RI2: Main Topic of multiple paragraphs: Students label the paragraph, name the topic and write how they know that this is the topic
5. 2RI3: Connections of Events in an informational text: Students list steps/events in order 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4
6. 2RI3: Connections of Events in an informational text: Students list steps/events in order 1 -> 2 -> 3 ->
7. 2RI3: Cause and effect: One cause and Three Effects
8. 2RI3: Cause and effect: Three Causes and each cause’s effect
9. 2RI4: Important Words & Phrases: Student finds a bold print/important word in the text and writes the meaning of the word by using context clues, glossaries, footnotes, or other information from the text.
10. 2RI5: Text Features: Caption, glossary, index, bold print, subheading, photograph, and table of contents are labelled. Students will write what page they are on and how they help them as a reader
11. 2RI5: Text Features: Caption, glossary, index, bold print, subheading, photograph, and table of contents are labelled. Students will write what page they are on and write or draw the example from the text
12. 2RI6: Author’s Purpose: Students choose if the text is to persuade, inform or entertain and then tell why they believe that.
13. 2RI6: Author’s Purpose: Students write three key details from the text and tell the author’s purpose and tell why they believe so.
14. 2RI7: Images in a text: Students draw a picture of a photograph, picture or diagram from the text, then tells what information it adds to the text.
15. 2RI8: Author’s words in a text: Students identify the main idea/topic, then tell what the author said that proves the main idea as evidence straight from the text
16. 2RI9: Compare and Contrast: Students use a top hat graphic organizer to compare and contrast two texts on the same topic
17. 2RI9: Compare and Contrast: Students write sentences about how two texts are the same and how they are different (I use this one after the top hat organizer in my classroom!)
Miss M’s Second Grade
Also check out:
2nd Grade LITERATURE Graphic Organizers!