This is a complete set of worksheet graphic organizers that can be used all throughout second grade! They are compatible with each common core state standard in literature!
**Many are also compatible with first and third grade CCSS!
It is a set of 14 worksheets! Including:
1. Story Elements
2. 2RL1: Answer questions (5w/h Questions) about a text
3. 2RL1: Ask questions! Students generate their own questions using the 5w/h questions about a text!
4. 2RL2: Students retell a story by telling characters, setting, problem, and then state the lesson/moral.
5. 2RL2: Students retell a story in sequential order (first, then, next, last) and then state the lesson/moral.
6. 2RL3: Students identify 2 major events/challenges and describe how a character responds
7. 2RL4: Students choose important vocabulary words in the text and say how it adds meaning to the text
8. 2RL5: Structure of a story. Students draw a picture and retell in words the beginning, middle and end of a story
9. 2RL5: Beginning, Middle, End: Students retell a story using B, M, and E, focusing on story elements
10. 2RL6: Character’s Point of View: Students choose a main event/challenge and draw how two different characters respond to the same event, then describe how their responses are different.
11. 2RL6:Point of view: Students draw a picture and retell a story in a different character’s point of view
12. 2RL7: Character’s personalities: Students choose quotes from a character and say what it tells them about the character
13. 2RL9: Compare and Contrast two stories using story elements
14. 2RL9: Students compare and contrast two versions of a fairy tale, using elements of fairy tales.
*Also works for many first and third grade standards!
NOW AVAILABLE IN INFORMATIONAL TEXT!
2nd Grade INFORMATIONAL Graphic Organizers!
Miss M’s Second Grade