"Poppy Cross" and the "Peace Wheel" are 2st Grade art, writing, reading and brainstorming activities for Remembrance Day. My students have a lot of fun creating these poppy crosses and their "Peace Wheels" and can't wait to take them home!
***Includes an optional activity for children who are done early, or especially love art!
Size: 11 pages
- Requirements (including my recommended books)
- Prep Work
- Day 1: 20 minutes Reading/ Brainstorming instructions
- Day 1: 15 minutes Active art instructions
- Day 2: 25 minutes Reading/ Brainstorming instructions
- Day 2: 25-30 minutes Writing & Drawing instructions
- Day 3: "Finishing up" instructions
- Bulletin Board ideas
- examples of finished artwork
- 4 printable templates