2nd Grade Rooted in Reading GROWING BUNDLE (NEW 2nd Edition)
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
2nd Grade Reading Teachers, we want to save you time and energy when it comes to lesson planning for the ELA and reading instruction for your classroom! Rooted in Reading provides everything you need for deepening comprehension, developing and expanding vocabulary, and integrating language skills with the use of a mentor text in your classroom. Rooted in Reading takes the guess out of planning for language arts instruction. We provide lesson plans, focus posters, printables, assessments, anchor charts, and more!
As of today, you get August, September, October, November, December , and January, February, March, and April teaching materials and activities for Rooted in Reading!
➤ What is included in a week of Rooted in Reading?
(Remember that once complete, Rooted in Reading will have 40 weeks total!)
- Weekly Lesson Plans for Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, and Phonics
- Book Questions for Discussion
- Comprehension Focus Posters
- Comprehension Printables and Worksheets
- Comprehension Assessments
- Fiction Reading Passage
- Nonfiction Reading Passage
- Fiction Anchor Chart for Mini-lesson
- Nonfiction Anchor Chart for Mini-lesson
- Nonfiction Readers
- Nonfiction Reader Quick Assessment
- Directed Drawing and Reading Response
- Craft and Reading Response
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Vocabulary Writing Prompts
- Vocabulary Printables and Assessment
- Daily Deep Dive with Mentor Sentence
- Grammar Focus Posters
- Grammar Printables and Activities
- Grammar Assessments
- Phonics Focus Posters
- Phonics Worksheets and Games
- Phonics Practice and Assessments
➤ Release Dates for the 2nd Edition of 2nd Grade Rooted in Reading:
(Please note that this is a Growing Bundle. It will be complete on April 13, 2023)
➤ Important Documents
- 2nd Edition of 2nd Grade FAQ
- 2nd Edition of 2nd Grade Book List and Overview
- Rooted in Reading Research
➤ What is Rooted in Reading?
Rooted in Reading is a curriculum that was created to enhance the Language Arts instruction in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade classrooms. Teachers read purposefully-selected picture books to their students each week. Students are actively engaged in listening to and discussing each text throughout the read-aloud. Before, during, and after the read-aloud, teachers guide book conversations through thought provoking discussion questions. With Rooted in Reading, the learning process continues through targeting specific skills and standards as students interact with this text all week. Activities for each text have been designed to assure students are actively thinking, making connections, and responding to the text in a meaningful way. This curriculum focuses on deepening comprehension, developing and expanding vocabulary, and integrating language skills with the use of a mentor text.
➤ What are the benefits of using picture books and read-alouds?
- Students make deep and meaningful connections to the books.
- Students experience growth in their background knowledge.
- Students’ interest in reading increases.
- Using a read-aloud allows an opportunity for students to reflect.
- Picture books provide a safe space for classroom discussions.
- Interactive read-alouds enhance and enrich the classroom community.
- It allows teachers to model effective reading strategies in a controlled area.
- Picture books provide a non-threatening environment where reluctant and skilled readers can flourish.
- Reading aloud a picture book builds a bridge between language and reading. The read-aloud shows students how language works in context.
- Incorporating read-alouds in the classroom exposes students to multiple genres that they may not gravitate towards on their own.
➤ How is Rooted in Reading structured?
Teachers are provided with a set of lesson plans that includes activities and resources for comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar. All of the components are focused around one main read-aloud that is introduced at the beginning of the week, reread throughout the week, and referred to during all of the lessons
➤ How does Rooted in Reading address the grade-level standards?
Rooted in Reading focuses on one or more comprehension standard each week. We also spiral comprehension skills throughout the year so that students have ample exposure and practice. Rooted in Reading does not teach the skills in isolation. The read-aloud serves as a mentor text throughout the week where the students are analyzing the text, making connections, and digging deeper with comprehension by participating in intentional conversations pertaining to the read-aloud.
Disclaimer About Rooted in Reading Books: We try our best to ensure that the books we select for our Rooted in Reading program will be available to you; however, we cannot guarantee any book's availability at any given time.
We encourage you to check multiple places for the books including but not limited to: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Scholastic, Thrift Books, BookOutlet.com, eBay, Abe Books, Half Price Books, Better World Books, and you can make a project on Donor's Choose or check them out from your public library.