Also included in
- Get an entire year's worth of standards-based grammar review games for 2nd grade! This ready-to-use bundle includes 11 different grammar topics. These digital games can be used in many ways, including centers, early finisher activities, morning work, homework, spiral review, and more!With 2 PowerPoiPrice $48.00Original Price $66.00Save $18.00
Are you looking for a fun & engaging activity to review Simple and Compound Sentences with your 2nd Grade or Upper Elementary students? Check out BalloonPop™! BalloonPop™ is a no-prep digital review game with both whole class & single-player options for centers, homework, early-finishers, test review, and more.
The games are aligned to the Common Core Standards for 2nd Grade.
The question types include:
- Determine whether a sentence is simple or compound
- Choose the best conjunction
- Choose the 2nd half of a sentence to create a compound sentence
What is included in this resource?
- 2 thirty question PowerPoint™ games
- 4 fifteen question Google Slides™ games
- Answer keys for the 15 question games
- Recording sheets
- Directions for Google™ Classroom and PowerPoint™
With 2 PowerPoint™ games and 4 games for Google Slides™, your students will have plenty of practice! The PowerPoint™ games have 30 questions each. The games in Google Slides™ have 15 questions (reused from the larger games for reinforcement.)
Use these games for morning work, centers, whole class review, homework, early finishers, test prep, and more!
❤️ You'll love these games because your students will ask to play them again and again - they don't even realize they are learning!
What are people saying about BalloonPop™?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This product was a life-saver when I had to teach from home due to covid, but it would work just as well if I were in the classroom with my students! We used this to review for a test, and my students found it to be engaging and fun... I also love that there are multiple games because my students definitely wanted to play again!" Alyson S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "The slides are easy to use as well as for the students to follow! The games are engaging and made reviewing so much fun! Thank you for making such a wonderful product!" Angela K
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This is a great resource for morning work!" Lisa R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My students loved this resource to practice skills as their daily centers. I used all four versions to help them review before state testing. SO fun! Was all I kept hearing. Thank you!!!" Michele R.
How to Play
BalloonPop™ is a fun way to review skills using a device. The games are compatible with computers, tablets, laptops, and even phones. The PowerPoint™ games only work on a device with a mouse or trackpad, but the Google Slides™ games work on any device in Google Slides™.
Students answer multiple choice questions and pop a balloon when they answer correctly. The game can be single player, multiplayer, or even used by teams!
How do the games work?
BalloonPop™ is self-correcting and self-paced. As students play, they are returned to the question to try again after an incorrect answer. After a correct answer, students can select a balloon and “pop” it to earn points in PowerPoint™. In Google Slides™, they are rewarded with a gif of a popping balloon.
The PowerPoint™ questions were also used to make the Google Slides™ games. The questions were divided into two 15 question games so students could complete a game during center time, morning work, early finisher activity, or even for homework. The games can be used both in the classroom and at home for distance learning.
With two game sets included (each set includes 1 PowerPoint™ and 2 Google Slides™), teachers have a lot of options and flexibility for using the games with their students.
Which Devices are Compatible with BalloonPop™?
BalloonPop™ is compatible with PCs and Macs, as well as tablets and smartphones.
However, the PowerPoint™ animated games must be played in PowerPoint™ with either a mouse or trackpad. It does work with the free PowerPoint™ app.
The Google™ Slides games can be played on PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, tablets, iPads™, or smartphones in Google slides.
Need More BalloonPop™ Games?
Would you like more BalloonPop™ Games? Check out these money-saving bundles:
➜ Grammar Games
- 2nd Grade Grammar Year-Long Bundle
- 3rd Grade Grammar Year-Long Bundle
- 4th Grade Grammar Year-Long Bundle
- 5th Grade Grammar Year-Long Bundle
- 3rd Grade Grammar and Spelling Review
- 4th Grade Grammar and Spelling Review
- 5th Grade Grammar and Spelling Review
- 6th Grade Grammar and Spelling Review
➜ Math Games
➜ Phonics Games
Copyright ©️ Amy Mezni
Permission to use with a single classroom only (one teacher).
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this resource.