2nd Grade Social Studies (NYC Houghton Mifflin)
Unit 3: Urban, Suburban, and Rural Communities
Teaching Point: Today I will learn about different types of communities and how to locate them on a map.
Essential Question: Why and how do communities develop differently?
- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text. (CCLS.2.RI.1)
- Make connections between self, text, and the world around them (text, media, social interaction). (CCLS.2.RI.11)
- Communities can be characterized as urban, rural, or suburban. (NYC Scope and Sequence 3.1d)
- Environmental factors influence the lifestyles of community residents, such as schools, buildings, sports and recreation facilities, extreme weather preparation. (NYC Scope and Sequence 3.1a, 3.1e, 3.2a)
- Features of urban, rural, and suburban communities are different. (NYC Scope and Sequence 3.1d)
*If you have any questions, please ask BEFORE purchasing. Enjoy!!