Let's tackle getting your students to read and re-think multiple times to understand and solve the problem correctly. This collection of 10 common core story structure addition and subtraction two step word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
After four reads, students have said to me, that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!!
>>Students read the word problem four different times with a different purpose each time to help understand the problem:
★ Read #1: Identify what the numerical relationship of what the problem is about.
★ Read #2: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe.
★ Read #3: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem.
★ Read #4: Write the equation that represents the problem.
To save money, you may want the BUNDLE instead:
• 2nd Grade Close Reading in Math BUNDLE!
-Math is Good: Do what makes sense. Make sense of what you do. Need more quality resource material? Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans!
• ★ BEST SELLER! Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit BUNDLE: All Multiplication Facts. Big bundle savings!
• ★ BEST SELLER Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition and Subtraction Facts
• ★ BEST SELLER! Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• ★ BEST SELLER Mult-O Multiplication Fact Games Bundle
• Mult-O! Multiplication Partner Game for x5 and x10 math facts
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups to Get Intermediate Kids Thinking
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups that Promote Reasoning
• Rubric for Problem Solving (*FREE!!)
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: x9 Multiplication
• Dividing Larger Numbers - Introducing with Math Tools
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems-A Graphic Organizer that Actually Works! (SET of 2)
• 1st Grade Word Problems - Show It 3 Ways!
• 2nd Grade Holiday Two Step Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 2nd Grade Money Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Two Step Word Problems SET 2- Close Reading!
• Math Games and Centers Bundle for Grades 1 & 2
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
★ YOUR positive feedback & product satisfaction make this store possible. Allow me to thank you in advance. More product additions coming soon! If you are looking for something specific or custom, please let me know.