Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Valentine's Day Math Mystery: Case Of The Heartbreak Hitman. Engage and motivate your Grade 2 students while they use a variety of skills in these NO PREP worksheets to help solve a crime!
NOW INCLUDES A VIDEO HOOK
NEW - Editable Suspects list added to the packet. This way you can change the suspect names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead. This is a great option if your students have already done this mystery story before and you need to change the mystery answer.
A villain is on the loose, known as the Heartbreak Hitman, shooting people all over town with a magic arrow that makes hearts turn dark. This is causing friendships to fall apart and couples to break up when they really didn’t want to; now so many people are sitting alone on this day feeling depressed and broken hearted. A great math detective is needed to help solve this case!
In this Valentine's Day math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Valentine's Day Mystery Story “Case of The Heartbreak Hitman”
- Possible Suspects List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Subtracting with 20
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Counting Patterns
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Ordering Whole Numbers (1-digit, 2-digit and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Even & Odd Numbers
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Making 30 - Fill in the missing numbers
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case by discovering who the Heartbreak Hitman is.
This math mystery is part of the Math Mystery Bundle: Holiday Fun Pack GRADE 2
VALENTINE’S DAY MATH MYSTERY AVAILABLE IN OTHER GRADE LEVELS
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow to be notified when new mysteries are added to my store!