A room transformation is a fun way to review content. It does not need to be elaborate or expensive. This type of activity is meant for students to become involved in a story, and make them feel like they are on an adventure. During this time, students should have meaningful and educational learning experiences. Your classroom will be transformed with decor and activities to create an immersive learning environment.
During this room transformation students will have the opportunity to complete up to 6 different stations. The stations include:
- Lost Lovebirds: A game with reading time.
- Bunting Banner: Students will create a Valentine's Day themed banner to be hung in the classroom.
- Code Breakers: These are math word problems with fun codes to crack within each question.
- We Love Time: Students will spin a spinner and write times on clocks.
- Hidden Picture: Students will count money amounts, then shade in squares to reveal a hidden picture.
- 3 People I Love: This is a journal prompt.
In this packet you will also find:
- A room transformation introduction PowerPoint to use with your students
- 2 different banners for your classroom in 2 different sizes (Print the size that works best for you!)
- 4 different Valentine themed posters
- Table tent posters to decorate student desks
- Award tags
- Classroom transformation student job cards
- Sticky badges (to be used as a classroom management tool during the room transformation)
- Scorecards (to be used as a classroom management tool during the room transformation)
- Scoring rubric