2nd Grade Vocabulary Survival Kit
Also included in
- ** This is a ZIP file. Please make sure you have the software to open it before you purchase.**You can take a video tour of the 5th Grade Vocabulary Survival KitHERE. It has all the same components and layouts as the other kits, only with different words. Vocabulary instruction can be tricky. The woPrice $19.20Original Price $24.00Save $4.80
** This is a ZIP file. Please make sure you have the software to open it before you purchase.**
You can take a tour of the 5th Grade Vocabulary Survival Kit HERE. It has all the same components and layouts at the 2nd Grade Vocabulary Survival Kit, only with different words. This resource is best for students with mild to slightly moderate vocabulary delays.
Vocabulary instruction can be tricky. The words, the presentation. How to make it stick?! This kit gives you the tools to help your students build and grow their vocabulary. Words for this activity were chosen using Common Core standards, research from Robert Marzano, and other vocabulary resources. Although it is listed as a 2nd grade resource, it would be appropriate for 3rd or 4th grade students still working on vocabulary development.
This kit breaks down vocabulary instruction by having students utilize Word Maps ( aka word organizers ) and giving them time to learn and understand new words. This kit includes 4 word lists with 10 words each. Each list gives you a child friendly definition, synonym, and antonym. That is a TOTAL OF 120 WORDS for students to learn!
The goal is to focus on one word list per quarter to give students time to learn, understand, and review. Of course you can modify this time frame to meet your students needs and abilities. An introductory 'how to' breaks down the kit and how to use and organize the materials.
This Kit Includes:
- a pre-test for each word list
- a post-test for each word list
- 2 fill-in-the blank stories for each word list
- a Word Map for you to make as many copies as you need
- Language Loops are included to help students review the words in a fun game. There are loops for definitions, synonyms, and antonyms using the words from the kit.
If you are looking for more vocabulary resources please check out my 4th Grade Vocabulary Survival Kit or 5th Grade Vocabulary Survival Kits. You can also save $$ by purchasing theElementary Vocabulary Survival Kit Bundle!