This Word Work Bundle has the first half of 2nd grade. Lessons 1 - 17.
The word lists are adapted from Words Their Way and F&P. The high frequency words are adapted from Jan Richardson's word study list and Dolch HFW.
Lessons with consonant blends, base words, contractions, plural nouns, and long a, e, and o pattern sounds have mini-lessons at the top of each page. The word bank is on the side. Students will have the mini-lesson as a reference and the word sort below. A spelling test sheet is included. The 2nd bundle with ready in October.
Each word list is described below in order of word sorts.
1. short a, i
2. short o, u, e
3. long a, i
4. long o, u
5. consonant blends with r, l, or s
6. consonant blends with nd, ng, nk
7. consonant blends with nt, xt, mp
8. words with endings ss, ll, or ck
9. consonant blends with th, sh
10. consonant blends with wh, ch
11. base words with endings -ed, -ing
12. contractions with not, is, have
13. contractions with are, will, contractions that don't fit
14. plural nouns -s, -es
15. long a sound: ai, ay
16. long e sound: ee,ea
17. long o sound: o, oa, ow