Place Value: A Comprehensive Set of 2nd and 3rd Grade Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 126-page PDF download includes:
• 26 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to Place Value in 2nd and 3th grade.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• A detailed listing of all the 2nd and 3rd grade Common Core standards targeted by the Games.
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between pictorial, expanded notation, standard notation, and other representations.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to translate between all the key representations of place value and all games and activities were created with the common core standards in mind.
Concepts and Skills: Place value to 1,000, comparing numbers, adding numbers, subtracting numbers, ordering numbers, missing addend equations, missing subtrahend equations, problem solving, and algebraic thinking.