see PREVIEW FILE
for product layout.
Included in this purchase are the published Common Core standards for ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies. The Science and Social Studies standards included are listed below. (Disclaimer: this purchase does not include any of the costs associated with printing the standards)
WHY these are so GREAT!
* editable in MS PowerPoint ... change the text if needed (make them into "We can")
* 2 standards per page (size 4.25 x 11)
* super CUTE graphics from Nikki at Melonheadz
* subject headers, jpeg format so you can print any size ( blank headers - MS PowerPoint)
* VISIT MY BLOG - ARTrageous FUN
* Collection for Personal Use Only. Please do not share or distribute the files.
2nd GR - SCIENCE standards
• I can observe using my senses, create a hypothesis, and focus a question that can lead to an investigation.
• I can consider reasons that support ideas, identify ways to gather information that could test ideas, design fair tests, share designs with peers for input and refinement.
• I can observe, manipulate, measure, describe.
• I can decide what data to collect and how to organize, record, and manipulate the data.
• I can analyze data, make a conclusion connected to the data or evidence gathered, identify conclusions, and identify future questions to investigate.
• I can develop social interaction skills with peers.
• I can share ideas with peers.
• I can connect ideas with reasons and evidence and use multiple ways to communicate my reason or evidence.
• I know that ideas are supported by reasons.
• I know there are limits to ideas in science.
• I understand that differences in conclusions are best settled through additional observations and investigations.
• I know the communication of ideas in science is important for helping to check the reasons for ideas.
• I can explain how smaller rocks come from the breakage and weathering of larger rocks.
• I can describe rocks in terms of their parts.
• I can sort rocks based upon color, hardness, texture, layering, particle size and type.
• I can observe, describe, and record patterns in the appearance and apparent motion of the moon in the night sky.
• I can observe and describe the number, arrangement and color/brightness of stars in the night sky.
• I can compare and contrast the seasonal weather patterns during the school year.
• I can analyze and interpret data such as temperatures in different locations and different times.
• I can observe falling objects and identify things that prevent them from reaching the ground.
• I can communicate observations that similar objects of varying masses fall at the same rate.
• I can investigate and provide evidence that matter is not destroyed or created through changes.
• I can compare and contrast the characteristics of living things in different habitats.
• I can develop, communicate, and justify an explanation as to why a habitat is or is not suitable for a specific organism.
• I can create possible explanations as to why some organisms no longer exist, but similar organisms are still alive today.
• I can communicate and justify how the physical characteristics of living things help them meet their basic needs.
• I can observe, record, and compare how the behaviors and reactions of living things help them meet their basic needs.
• I can identify behaviors and reactions of living things in response to changes in the environment including seasonal changes in temperature and precipitation.
2nd GR - SOCIAL STUDIES standards
• I can identify cultural differences within my community.
• I can explain the various cultural heritages within my community.
• I can explain ways people respect and pass on their traditions and customs.
• I can give examples of how families in the community borrow customs or traditions from other cultures.
• I can identify various cultural groups within my state and nation.
• I can describe contributions of cultural groups to my state and nation.
• I can explain ways American Indians and immigrants have shaped America’s culture.
• I can compare and contrast elements of two or more cultures within my state and nation.
• I can describe characteristics of being a good citizen through the examples of historic figures and ordinary citizens.
• I can explain the benefits of being a U.S. citizen.
• I can identify and participate in a local civic activity.
• I can identify state and national activities.
• I can identify the roles that people have in the school and explain the importance of each member.
• I can demonstrate respect for the school and the school community.
• I can explain the significance of various community, state, and national celebrations.
• I can identify my community and state symbols, documents and landmarks.
• I can identify and explain the significance of various national symbols, documents, and landmarks.
• I can identify community traffic signs and symbols, and know their meanings.
• I can describe how geographic aspects of the area affect a community and influence culture.
• I can describe ways in which people have modified the physical environment in a community.
• I can identify and use information on a map and on a globe.
• I can compare and contrast the difference between maps and globes.
• I can locate my city, my state, and the United States on a variety of maps or on a globe.
• I can locate and label the following on a map or a globe: the seven continents, the five oceans, the poles, and the equator.
• Using a map or a globe, I can link cultures and nationalities within your community to their place of origin.
• I can define and explain the difference between producing and consuming.
• I can explain ways in which people can be both consumers and producers of goods and services.
• I recognize that people supply goods and services based on what people want.
• I can identify examples of technology that people use.
• I can identify how technology affects the way people live.
• I can explain the goods and services that businesses provide.
• I can explain the services that government provides.
• I can explain different ways to pay for goods and services.
• I can explain how work provides income to purchase goods and services.
• I can explain reasons and ways to save money.