Ever wish your students would read money word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem? This collection of 12 money common core story structure addition and subtraction word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
Students read the money word problem four different times with a different purpose each time to help understand the problem:
Read #1: Identify what the problem is about
Read #2: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe
Read #3: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem
Read #4: Write the equation that represents the problem.
After four reads, students have said to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!
To save money, you may want the BUNDLE instead:
• 2nd Grade Close Reading in Math BUNDLE!
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
You may also like:
• Magic Square Puzzles: 2 Digit Numbers - 16 Puzzles!
• 2nd Grade Measurement Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 2nd grade Two Step Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition & Subtraction Math Facts
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition and Subtraction Facts – includes 56 Domino cards!