Ever wish your students would engage enough to read two step word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem? This collection (Set #2) of 10 common core story structure addition and subtraction two step word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
Students read the word problem four different times with a different purpose each time to help understand the problem:
★ Read #1: Identify what the problem is about
★ Read #2: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe
★ Read #3: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem
★ Read #4: Write the equation that represents the problem.
★ Please check out the full preview!
After four reads, students have mentioned to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!!
Need more quality resource material? Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans. Make Math fun, dynamic & rewarding for your students!! Links below to preview & order others.
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• ★BEST SELLER! Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups that Promote Reasoning
• Math Fact Strategy Posters - FREE!
• April Math Journals with Number Bonds: Kindergarten
• 5th Grade Decimal Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Rubric for Problem Solving (*wait for it ….. FREE!!)
• Mult-O! Multiplication Partner Game for x5 and x10 math facts
• Dividing Larger Numbers - Introducing with Math Tools
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
• ★BEST SELLER! Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers. For Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
• 3rd Grade Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Two Step Word Problems SET 2- Close Reading!
• Math Games and Centers Bundle for Grades 1 & 2
>>YOUR positive feedback & product satisfaction make this store possible. Allow me to thank you in advance.