This unit will teach students how to navigate the library and use an online catalog (or OPAC) in an engaging, fun way! It is designed for librarians or library media specialists, though other educators may find it useful to teach about U.S. public or school library and how they are organized.
This unit contains EDITABLE and customizable components, including:
- Library Explorer's Passport printable in 2 versions, with or without Dewey numbers (Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher file format or easy-to-print PDF file)
- Lesson plans aligned to the National and PA Common Core and AASL Information Literacy Standards (Microsoft Word .docx document)
- Editable library map and quiz (Microsoft Word .docx document)
- Passport Activities presentation, including interactive learner response quiz questions to check for understanding (Promethean ActivBoard (TM) flipchart, Promethean ClassFlow flipchart, and Microsoft PowerPoint file formats)
- Printable call number labels to make your own flashcards for students to use when finding books in your local library (Microsoft Word .docx file)
- Teacher's notes to help you set up and get organized
- A list of other supplies needed – PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to find out exactly what you will need or how you will need to modify the unit if you aren’t able to get them.
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like other library and technology products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Back to School Library Newsletters and Communication
1st or 2nd Grade Graphic Novels Study (Activity Booklet and Lesson Plan)
Ladybug Terrarium Observation and Research Center