This unit will teach students how to navigate the library and use an online catalog (or OPAC) in an engaging, fun way! It is designed for librarians or library media specialists, though other educators may find it useful to teach about U.S. public or school library and how they are organized.
This unit contains EDITABLE and customizable components, including:
- Library Explorer's Passport printable in 2 versions, with or without Dewey numbers
- Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file, and
- Easy-to-print PDF file formats
- lesson plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format, aligned to:
- National Common Core Standards,
- Pennsylvania Core Standards, and
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners
- Library Map in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format
- Library Sections Quiz in Microsoft Word .docx file format
- Passport Activities presentation, including interactive learner response quiz questions to check for understanding
- Promethean ActivBoard™ flipchart,
- Promethean ClassFlow flipchart, and
- Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file formats
- , printable call number labels to make your own call number hunt cards for students to use when finding books in your library
- 2" x 4" labels in Microsoft Word .docx file format
- Teacher's notes to help you set up and get organized
- A list of other supplies needed – PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to find out exactly what you will need or how you will need to modify the unit if you aren’t able to get them.
*Please DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW for more details and description of contents!*
© Mrs. J in the Library - By purchasing this product, you receive a one-user license. Copying or distributing to others is prohibited. Additional licenses for sharing with other educators are available at a discount. For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Still have questions?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through the Q & A section on TpT with any questions or requests. You can also send me an email at MrsJ@mrsjinthelibrary.com.
You might also like other library and technology products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
Connect with Mrs. J in the Library