LANGUAGE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME:
• To write sentences and review grammar structures
The teacher can use this game as a formative assessment or as review or just to have fun with grammar!
Each team will need a small whiteboard, board marker and eraser (If those are not available, scrap paper does the job too!)
HOW TO PLAY:
This game can be played individually or in groups. Group games are more fun! To be more effective, avoid having groups of more than three students.
1. Teams first name themselves (a French name of course!) and take it in turns to choose a number.
2. Once a team has chosen a number and it is not a bomb, all teams attempt to write a sentence / conjugate the verb accurately depending on the game.
3. The team who chose the number has priority: they show their answer first. If their sentence is correct, they win the amount indicated on the slide. If it is not correct, the other teams show answer and they all have a chance to win half of the amount indicated on the slide.
4. The teacher must keep a record of how much each team wins on the board. (I like to use fake money I printed and laminated and give it for each correct answer! The kids love it!)
5. If a team uncovers a bomb, they lose all their money. There are 6 bombs in total.
6. The team with the most money wins. The game can go on for a long time, so the teacher can choose when to stop it.
You will notice that as students choose a number, it changes colors – this will allow you to track the numbers that have already been called.
Click on the little house in the right hand corner to go back to the numbers slide!
You can see each individual game here, as well as other topics and a free game to see what it looks like:
• L’imparfait et le passé composé (Free game – see what it looks like!)
• Les verbes irréguliers: faire, avoir, être, aller
• Le futur simple et le futur immédiat
• Des questions personnelles – French 1 content review
• Les pronoms relatifs (qui, que, dont, où)
You can also purchase the template to make your own games! You can add your own questions, edit all the text to change the currency or amounts.
Click here to purchase the template ($9.99)
If you would like to create a bundle with different topics, message me through the questions area, with the 3 grammar structures you would like to get and I will put it together for you.
ALL CLIPART USED IN THIS PRESENTATION FROM
REMEMBER YOU GET TPT CREDIT FOR LEAVING FEEDBACK!
FOR MORE RESOURCES BY LEAD WITH A TWIST: