These are some great worksheets and extension activities to enhance your unit on the U.S. Government, focus on Checks & Balances.
First, students receive a chart handout that easily explains each branch of government and the actions it could take to check the other 2 branches. Color-coded, and includes pictures.
Then, students read about some potential government scenarios (some are true, some are fictional, some are just funny!) and the potential action a branch would like to take. Then, they refer to their chart to decide which branch could check or stop that action from occurring. This is a great way to extend their thinking and apply their knowledge of checks and balances.
Finally, there is a quiz in which students are presented with potential scenarios, and they must name the branch of government that could check the scenario.
* Checks and Balances Chart, easy to read and understand how each branch can check the other. Includes pictures
* Scenarios: Students read about potential acts a branch could take, then refer to chart (above) to decide which branch could 'check' or stop this action
* Checks and Balances Quiz
* Answer Key
Excellent for grades 7-10.
This bundle is the perfect addition to your Government Unit!
Please visit my other U.S. Government Products:
* U.S. Constitution Preamble Worksheet DBQ: Students Write Preamble in Own Words
* U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights Worksheet DBQ: Read and Understand
Buy all 3 together and save!
* U.S. Government: Preamble, Bill of Rights, Checks & Balances
Please download and enjoy!
© 2012 Kristen Dembroski. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser only the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be located in a Google search and then shared worldwide for free.