Do you ever just feel like there are SO many addition strategies and so little time to teach them? With this resource, you will have consistent, clear resources to teach, model, and practice four of the most important addition strategies: Standard Algorithm, Partial Sums, Base 10 Model, and Addition on an Open Number Line.
In third grade, the focus on using different strategies is so huge, and I really struggled with them last year. Creating this resource helped me to focus in on what I was teaching, and give them chances to specifically target the strategy being taught.
This resource includes:
- INB flip flap to introduce and practice each addition strategy
- Standard algorithm practice, WITH and WITHOUT regrouping
- Addition using base 10 practice, WITH and WITHOUT pre-drawn models
- Addition using partial sums practice
- Addition on a number line practice
- Addition on an open number line practice
- Addition word problems
I used each of these resources in my classroom, and my kiddos responded really well! Please let me know if you have any questions, or need any support with your product. You can email me with any questions at email@example.com.