Equipment: 12 tumbling mats, numerous gatorskin balls or yarn balls
Set-Up: Create 3 garbage cans for each side-by standing two tumbling mats upright-bending them- and connecting them together, so they look like this [ ]. Place garbage cans approx. 20 - 50 ft behind the midline dividing the two teams. Place the variety of throwing ojects in the middle on the midline.
Activity: The team with the least amount of garbage (balls) in their can wins.
1. Divide class into two teams
2. Assign 3 guards per team (one for each can).
3. They are responsible for guarding the garbage cans from flying garbage from the other team, they may use the noodle to assist them.
4. Other players try to throw balls into the other team’s garbage can.
5. If the ball lands in the can it stays there.
6. Teacher stops game-class in amount 5 minutes counts the balls in the both cans.
7. Team with the least amount balls in their can wins.
Watch for- no double guarding the cans-no taking balls out-when teacher stops the game no extra throwing of balls.