This unique worksheet activity allows students to practice reading and writing CVC words, match words to icon pictures, draw a doodle, and color.
Instruct students to:
• Read each CVC word
• Trace each word twice
• Match each word to an icon picture and circle it
• Draw their own doodle
* Give a brief definition of doodling
* Doodles are simple drawings using different abstract shapes
* Draw an example of a doodle on the board
• Color the awesome doodle art background
• Optional: Select 2 words from your work and write two sentences
* A blank writing page is included to copy on the back
The work in this product reinforces beginning, middle, and word ending sounds. It can help students with cognitive learning and recall by using consistent icon pictures. It can also contribute to improved fluency of speech, and flow of reading.
Coloring abstract pictures is not only fun for students; it lets them experiment with creating their own identity, personality, and individuality through art. This experience will boost self-esteem and give students a sense of accomplishment by completing the assignment.