on the following poetry lessons:
Poetry in Movies
examines the poetry used in four movies to extend theme and develop character. The unit contains the following items:
• Brief biographies of the poets
• Summaries of the movies
• Overviews of the poems
• Links to sites where the poems can be found as well as to
audio recordings of each one
• Guided reading questions for each poem
• Vocabulary and quiz
• Group work assignments
• End of lesson activities and essay topic
is a fun lesson that helps students learn how rhythm and rhyme work in poetry. The package includes the following items:
• A 26 slide power point presentation on poetic devices
• A step-by-step plan on introducing parody to your students
that uses clips from comedians and popular music.
• Links to numerous examples of parodies of famous poems.
• A worksheet to help students create a parody of their own or
for use in creating a whole class parody.
• A vocabulary list
• A rubric for grading students’ parodies
• A quiz on poetic devices (with answer key)
Social Justice Poetry Unit
enables students to understand what is meant by identity and how poetry can be used as social commentary. Students will build on their poetic vocabulary in order to recognize how poetic devices can be used to enhance meaning and will demonstrate that knowledge through the following:
• Daily writings
• Class discussion
• Group activities
• Final essay or presentation
The package includes answer keys and grading rubric.
Click on this link to view and download free products
from my store. These will give you an idea of the quality of my work. Dianne Mason’s Free Products
Click on the green star next to my picture on any of my product pages to follow me
and receive a customized e-mail for the launch of any new product.
Earn TPT Credits
Thank you for visiting my store. Every time you make a purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers and leave feedback, you earn credit toward a future purchase. How does it work? After logging in, go to My Purchases
and find the button beside each product. Leave a fair rating and a comment about the resource, and you’re done!