These are 3 comprehensive lessons plans that are text set based. The topics of the 3 lessons are: Online/Internet Safety, Poetry, and Drama/Suspense. Included in this download are links to video and audio resources, pdf downloads, and more. This is all you need to teach these topics in a well-rounded manner that will appeal to all types of learners. These lessons will meet reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. I have included several of my other TPT materials as part of this set including: I AM poem rubric, drama suspense vocabulary sheets, and internet search strategies mini lesson (all of which can and will help you in your teaching of these units). - All lessons are Common Core based. Middle School age appropriate.
- guide you through the teaching process
- offer appropriate questioning per topic and questioning techniques
- step by step lesson that builds knowledge and independent thinking
- inquiry based
- online safety lesson includes full web quest (and answer guide)
- appeals to all learners through visual, kinesthetic, and audio tools (I.e. Read poem and listen to poet reading it, Socratic seminar, read article and listen to article being read, etc.)
Good Luck and have fun with these lessons. I wish I had these resources mapped out like this for me. These build Common Core skills and will make for fun and engaging lessons in your middle school class.