Name of Activity: 3 in a Box
Equipment: 7 basketballs
Set-Up: Place 7 basketballs in the center circle
Activity: First team to collect 3 basketballs in their hula-hoop wins.
1. Divide students into 4 teams
2. Each team is assigned a corner in the gym
3. Teams are in relay formation at their corner (one behind each other)
4. The first person in line from each team runs out and dribbles a basketball from the middle and returns it to their hoop. Then the next person in the group goes. This continues until the center circle is empty.
5. Once the center circle in empty, teams will have to go and take basketballs from other teams. When it is their turn to go, that student will have to run to other teams hula-hoop and take one basketball and dribble it back to their team.
6. This continues until one team has 3 basketballs in their hula hoop and the game is over
7. Place basketballs back in the middle and repeat
• If you notice one team is dominating rotate some players to different teams (the first and third person in line rotate the team to the left)
• Teams cannot guard/block players from taking their basketballs