Name of Activity: 3 in a Box with scooters
Equipment: 14 beanbags 8 hula hoops 8 scooters (1 for each team )
Set-Up: Place 14 beanbags in the center circle
8 hula-hoops place in corners of gym (1 per corner)
8 scooters to travel with near each team hula hoop
Activity: First team to collect 3 beanbags in their hula-hoop wins.
1. Divide students into 4 teams
2. Each team is assigned a corner in the gym
3. Teams are in relay formation at their corner (one behind each other)
4. The first person in line from each team travels on their scooter and grabs one beanbag from the middle and returns it to their hoop. Then the next person in the group goes. This continues until the center circle is empty.
5. Once the center circle in empty, teams will have to go and take beanbags from other teams. When it is their turn to go, that student will have to travel on their scooter to other teams hula hoop and take one beanbag
6. This continues until one team has 3 beanbags in their hula hoop and the game is over
7. Place beanbags back in the middle and repeat
8. Teams cannot guard/block players from taking their beanbags.
• If you notice one team is dominating rotate some players to different teams (the first and third person in line rotate to the team to the left)