3-part Round Song "The Change Is You" Companion to Amanda Gorman's Change Sings
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Combining quality musical experiences with the SEL theme of caring, kindness, thankfulness, and social action is what you will get with these three songs. A wide variety of musical offerings include a round, echo song, Orff arrangements, movement and scarf activities, and so much more. There's sometPrice $12.60Original Price $15.75Save $3.15
Integrating music and children's literature, Amanda Gorman's book, "Change Sings", inspired this new 3-part round song that uses an African proverb to begin the journey of a call to action to be the change in the world. Core values in character education and social-emotional learning are reinforced through the book and the music activities using Orff and Kodaly approaches and instruments.
This resource includes:
- a 50-slide PPT presentation utilizing ukulele, Orff, and Kodaly
- embedded audio files to break down the learning and as performance aids
- PDF files of all the music notation
- The Song-a beautiful 3-part round that can be sung effectively with 2 parts
- Ukulele-Chords needed are C, F, Dm, and G7
- Orff-The arrangement is for drums, triangle, and xylophones with many options for substitutions.
- Kodaly-reinforcing d-m-s, d-r-m, d'-t-l, and s-m-l
- with Orff arrangement
- with ukulele
- with piano accompaniment (PDF file)
- with audio performance file (in PPT)
- find a combination of the above to fit YOUR classes
Because of the many audio files, it is
A Change Sings companion resource for younger students is "Change the World With Kindness."
The Oodles Song Teaching Series
- Dr. King Had a Dream
- Martin’s Dream of 1963 (for Grades 4-6)
- One Piece of Pie (aka One Bottle of Pop)
- Who Has Seen the Wind?
One review about One Piece of Pie: "Perfect fall activity. My students loved it."
Rhythm Writing Activities
The One-Beat Diner of Remarkable Rhythms-A super FUN activity where students create a menu (of one-beat food items) and then put items (rhythms) together for a special Take-Out selection.
Follow my blog Oodles of Music for
- tons of free resources
- ukulele playalongs from easy to advanced (some of my most visited pages)
- MEGA databases (by song subject, great videos for you and subs, holidays)
- Tips & resources for concerts, staging, decorations, blacklights
Follow my YouTube channel for
- Game Videos
- Ukulele and Body Percussion Playalongs & Activities