Introduction to Multiplication - 30 Array Task Card Strips
Plus 10 Activity Pages for Centers, Guided Math Groups or Assessments
Use these 30 Array Task Card Strips as part of your introduction to multiplication curriculum. Many types of questions are provided on these task cards including:
* looking an array and identifying the factors or product
* creating an array
* looking an array and determining what is wrong with is
* writing a repeated addition equation to match the array shown
* write the multiplication equation to match the array shown
* taking the total number of objects in a model and arranging it into an array
* selecting from multiple choice options to answer questions
These 30 Array Task Card Strips can be used as math warm-ups, SCOOT, math journal prompts, Kagan activities, math centers, or in guided math groups.
In addition, there are 10 Array Activity Pages for students to practice skills as they make the connection between arrays and multiplication. A few activities include:
1) Rolling 2 number cubes and drawing the matching array
2) Using 2 spinners to find your factors and drawing the matching array.
3) Reading a repeated addition equation and drawing the matching array.
4) Using 6x6 grids, students will roll 2 number cubes and color in the matching array.
5) Solving simple multiplication word problems by drawing arrays to solve.
6) Finding the product to multiplication equations and coloring in the answer.
There are many fun activities to keep your students engaged as they learn about arrays, repeated addition, and multiplication.
I hope your students enjoy!
Teacher's Game Plan