30 Google Slides Writing Prompts Activities and Videos | Year Long BUNDLE
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (33)
showing 1-5 of 33 products
Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year.
ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go! Excellent for digital learning, distance learning, homeschool teachers, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on these projects. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn to add bullet points to their graphic organizer
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a basic topic sentence, 2 event/fact/opinion sentences and 2 detail sentences - this is when a WEEKLY SKILL such as linking words, prepositions, similes, etc will be introduced
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 event/fact/opinion sentences and 2 more detail sentences, and a closing sentence - the weekly skill is reinforced this day
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a basic revising and editing checklist that grows as the year continues
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in.
What you get with each download:
A PDF linking to:
- Teaching Slide
- Student Planning Template
- Student Publishing Template
This was designed for second graders, but can easily be implemented in first and third grade classrooms. While all teaching videos are included, I encourage teachers to add their own intro videos with read alouds each week. This is not necessary to use the resource, but is a nice touch for students to see their own teacher each week.
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
March (Released February 19)
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
- Second Grade Digital Let's Get Reading
- Second Grade Digital YEAR LONG Math Bundle
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included. Please ask all questions before purchasing.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.