Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.34 MB | 196 pages
This product is a POWER POINT that contains 30 MENTOR SENTENCES from famous classic writers to model key literary terms, rhetorical devices, and syntactical structures for students.
For each sentence, students are to:
1. Copy the sentence.
2. Make observations about the sentence.
3. Imitate the sentence.
4. Learn about literary devices.
5. Answer questions about how the devices are used for rhetorical and literary effect.
6. Revise an essay with a new sentence modeled after that of the famous writer.
7. Reflect back on the new added sentence.
8. Share with a partner.
These MENTOR SENTENCE activities will take students through the process of not only using literary and rhetorical devices in action but will integrate them into writing workshop as mini-lessons for making their writing more powerful.
This POWER POINT is fully editable and is suitable for Advanced Placement and modifiable for other levels of HIGH SCHOOL English.