Focus on fluency AND fitness with the Subtraction Workout! Your students can get the wiggles out and practice math facts at the same time! The Subtraction Workout consists of 30 task cards, each with a quick, individualized workout routine. Students have to use subtraction skills to figure out how many of each exercise to do. The Subtraction Workout will help your students see that figuring can be fun!
Here's how the Subtraction Workout works:
1. During the day when you notice your students need a wiggle break, pass out a card to each student.
2. Designate a special spot for each student so they'll have room to move around and not bump into each other.
3. The students place their task card in front of them, either on their desk or the floor.
4. Students then begin their workout! For example, if "Jumping Jacks 13-6" appears on a task card, a student uses mental math to figure out he or she has to do 7 Jumping Jacks. There are four exercises on each card.
5. You may have your students repeat their routine or switch cards with a neighbor when finished if your students need an extended workout! It's also fun to play music during the workout!
Check out more Math Workouts here!
The Multiplication Workout
The Addition Workout
The Division Workout
The Math Workout Bundle - All 4 sets at a 25% discount
~For personal and single classroom use only.~