Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product is 33 (75 pages total) different decodable stories to support phonics instruction! (plus running record forms and individual fluency tracking forms for grades 1-5!)
I created this product to reflect phonics, reading, and spelling lessons focusing on the following phonics/spelling rules:
1. Digraph –ck story
2. Glued/welded sound(s) story: -ing, -ang, -ank, etc.
3. FLSZ Rule Story
4. Digraph ch story
5. Digraph sh Story
6. Digraphs Sh & Ch Story
7. 2 and 3 Letter Blends (Initial Consonant)
8. -tch story
9. –dge Story
10. Consonant-le story
11. 1-1-1 Doubling Rule story
12. Soft/Hard C and G
13. Open syllable story
14. V-c-e Story
15. Kind Old Ghost Story
16. -igh (long I) Story
17. Regular Vowel Teams: ai vs. ay
18. Regular Vowel Teams: ea vs. ee
19. R-controlled story: Ir, er, ur
20. Short Vowel story
21. -ear story (near, fear, year)
22. Vowel Teams: oi and oy
23. R-controlled story: or & ar
24. 3 Sounds of -Ed story
25. Silent Letter Pairs: kn, gn, gh, rh, -mb, sc, wr
26. qu- story (quit, queen, quilt, etc.)
27. Vc/cv story (syllable division words such as rabbit, magnet, etc.)
28. Suffix (no spelling change) story
29. S- Blends: sn, sm, sp, sk, sc, sw
30. Short /i/ story (CVC words)
31. Vowel Team: -eigh
32. Wor/war story
33. -tion/-sion story
Also included- fluency trackers for grades 1-5.
Each passage includes a student copy with an engaging short story using the above spelling patterns (and the appropriate sequence), as well as a teacher/running record form that allows you to mark miscues, self-corrects, identify the correctly read words, and make notes and observations.
I am certified at the Associate's Level in Orton-Gillingham under the AOGPE. I'm also a certified Dyslexia Practitioner through the International Dyslexia Association. Check out more of my work at Openmindliteracy.com.
More Multisensory Literacy Products: