Our Presidents have some legendary quotes from their historic situations. In this extensive resource, I compiled 35 quotes from an array of United States Presidents. I introduce each quote, one per student, and have the student try to present the speech or quote emphatically to the class, and analyze their interpretation of what it means.
Then the students go on a webquest, using the quote as a guide, to find the entire speech, read it, and discuss the content and legacy of the moment and President. This is a great way to practice analysis of primary source materials and celebrate American History.
this is a 35 page resource, you could do them all as one assignment, as journals, or recurring in partners, or rotating papers! Lots of possibilities!
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged