This is a full Curriculum Framework for a middle school special education classroom (classrooms where students with significant cognitive disabilities access the curriculum through the prerequisite skills to the TEKS/Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills). These classrooms are known as specialized support, life skills and alternative learning environments. These are classrooms where students access the TEKS through prerequisite skills.
This full Curriculum Framework includes 36 weeks of lesson plans and many other resources (please read the description below carefully, as actual activities to teach the content are not included).
The Curriculum Framework includes:
• A Scope & Sequence for every core subject that lists Focus Skills, TEKS, planned units and start/end dates to teach each unit.
• Over 400 links to TPT and other resources that are organized by Focus Skill (*The activities are from multiple sellers and free of charge. I am not compensated by these sellers, but only went through thousands of resources over the years and recommend activities that I've used to teach the skills).
• Quarter Unit reference sheets (one for each quarter) to help teachers and parents quickly identify which units will be taught in each subject, each week of the year.
• Key Words reference sheets (one for each quarter) to help teachers and parents quickly identify which instructional terms will be focused on in each subject, each week of the year.
• An EDITABLE Daily IEP Instruction Schedule (Word Format) for teachers to plan their subjects, time of day, students to work with, teacher assignments and IEP instruction plans/stations.
• An EDITABLE Weekly IEP Instruction Schedule (Word Format) to be used as a reference tool for teachers and paraprofessionals to ensure consistent instruction of specific IEP goals that cannot be easily embedded into unit instruction.
• An EDITABLE Weekly Summary Schedule (Word Format) for teachers to post in the classroom so that students and paraprofessionals can see the weekly plan for each subject’s unit and instructional terms.
• 36 weeks of Lesson Plans (PDF) for all core subjects (ELAR, math, science and social studies), broken down into four quarters AND 36 separate weekly files, each with their own Table of Contents. *The PDF plans accompany the editable plans.
Included on every plan:
o The Focus Skill and Unit that is to be taught.
o Grade level TEKS & Essence Statements (from the T.E.A. Curriculum Framework).
o Prerequisite skills for every planned unit that have been edited down to reflect only options for what will be taught each week (from the T.E.A. Curriculum Framework).
o Possible Stations listed by grade level (most at about pre-K to 3rd grade) pulled from the Vertical Alignment Documents (from T.E.A.) making it easy to differentiate for a wide range of learning needs.
o Instructional Terms for every unit
o Supporting Concepts and Process TEKS
o Strategies for teaching literacy (ELAR, Science & Social Studies) and Math specific strategies (for you to show how you are differentiating for each student).
o Three levels of verbs to document how your students will show what they’re learning.
o EDITABLE areas for you to individualize:
-Your specific lessons/activities to teach the skills
-Communication/speech, behavior and academic IEP goals
• Bonus: Along with the Curriculum Framework, I have also attached 105 Full-Color Subject/Unit Labels to use both for pocket/wall charts and to organize your materials for every unit into boxes/bins, etc. Every planned unit in this Curriculum Framework has an accompanying label that also includes the Quarter and Week taught in the bottom corner.
This is a working document. It is not intended to be printed out and used as is. Most has been completed for you, but you will still need to add your students' IEP goals and specific activities that you will use to teach the units. Information in these plans is sourced from the T.E.A. (Texas Education Agency) website, and the links are provided on the lesson plans to the source documents. All formatting of information, templates and organization of these materials is the property of teachers42morrow. Please see the Content Use Agreement for more specific information.
*Documents in this file are in PDF, Word and Powerpoint formats, depending on the file.
*REMEMBER TO LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR TPT SUPER-TEACHER POINTS! Just for purchasing this one resource and leaving feedback, you will earn $6.00 in TPT credit!!!!!
This resource is available for one price as a single-user license. If you wish to purchase a multiple user license, please contact me directly at email@example.com, as there are several options for multiple users depending on need. I also highly encourage you to email me directly if you come across any errors in this resource. I’ve made every effort to create a solid product, and I pay great attention to detail. Still, if for example, you find that one of the fillable boxes isn’t working correctly, or if there is something else that should be brought to my attention, a quick email will lead to a quick update on the resource.
Thank you for purchasing my product! Click to follow my store, and visit my blog at www.teachers42morrow.com for special needs classroom ideas.
Key words: lesson plans, curriculum framework, pacing calendar, scope and sequence, unit plans, middle school, Special Education, special education teacher, special education team, behavior, testing, inclusion, CSE, IEP, BIP, testing accommodations, modifications, behavior chart, behavior intervention plan, Committee on Special Education, Individualized Education Plan, sticker chart, student information, related services, speech therapy, occupational therapy, inclusion, physical therapy, classroom management, behavior management, light system, co-teaching, coteaching, co teaching, inclusion, goals, goal setting, progress monitoring, functional behavior assessment, functional behavior analysis, FBA, paraprofessional, teaching assistant, teacher aide, TA, paraeducator