• 11 Individual templates
• Photos of preparation and construction stages
• The information on this page.
Preparation per student
• One template, preferably of their choosing, printed onto thick A4 paper or flash card paper.
• A long strip of coloured construction paper. Once the students rolled this up it will be the same size as a regular toilet roll.
• Finger paint, crayons, stickers, sparkles and whatever else you have the students will enjoying using to decorate their craft. I have found the children get very excited making this craft so I would avoid using paint or anything that needs to dry over night.
• Glue for template
• Tape for wheels
• If with younger student pre-folding the template in half ensures a more reliable match when the students attempt it.
• In my 2 year olds class the students decorated the craft by hand print painting. A parent cut out the craft, then helped child assemble it.
• My 4-7 olds independently made these. It spreads nicely over 2 lessons. It you are more pushed for time then pre-assemble the wheels, or have sufficient toilet rolls.
• I cover my tables with large opened up bin liners when doing crafts. I’m not a fan of cleaning so once the craft is completed I just un-tape the bags and throw the lot away.
• Introduce the vocabulary.
• Have a selection of completed crafts to show them.
● I recommend playing the Transportation Song (Ride It) by The Magic Crayons in my store. I co-wrote this song and it works wonderfully with ESL students and young learners of English.
● Transportation Flash Cards in English, Spanish, Japanese, plus Clip Art
Good luck and thank you
● NEW - All clip art in my store can be printed onto physical products such as t-shirts, mugs, and phone cases. See my blog for details.
● Follow me for details on all new or updated products
● Check my categories in the sidebar for other great product similar to this one
Thank you - Tim Sensei