Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Welcome to the 3D printing world! This listing is created for people who bought the Make Your Keychain lesson (1 & 2) slides as it doesn't include the introduction on 3D printing and Tinkercad basics.
These detailed, step-by-step, PowerPoint lesson slides for making your mini box set were tested in our classes and workshops. However, our class has particular settings. Please see the notes below and tweak it as needed. We will upload the rest of our lessons and lesson plans after we add the necessary notes. Please follow us for new 3D printing and 3D modeling lessons.
We designed this class when the parents asked us if we could offer 3D modeling and 3D printing lessons to their children. These inquires inspired Toysinbox 3D printing to offer beginner-level 3D modeling and 3D printing enrichment classes to Grade 3 and up in schools and in libraries. Our students love our class. Their parents showed tremendous interest in the finished works of our students. Since we could only teach in a few schools due to the limited hands on board, we list our teaching materials on TPT. As there are not many resources on TPT on 3D modeling and 3D printing, we hope our materials can be useful for other teachers. They can build upon our work and develop more ready-to-use 3D modeling and 3D printing teaching materials. In addition, we hope that we can get some feedback and get a chance to improve our work and teaching.
1) Our class students are a mixed group of grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 in elementary schools, and grade 7 and 8 in middle school. Our library workshop students are teens or adults.
2) In our class, roughly every two students share one 3D printer.
3) Our class is fast paced. In each class, we have one instructor and one or two teaching assistants who know 3DS printing and Tinkercad fairly well. Please tweak this product according to your current resources to work best for your classroom.
4) The software we use in our class is Tinkercad legacy version. Once Tinkercad’s new version is stable, we will update our slides and you will get a free copy of the new version if you purchase the current version.
5) The 3D printers we use for our classes are Makerbot replicator 2. However, we can easily modify the slides to fit the other 3D printers such as Ultimaker 2 Go, Printrbot and other brands.
6) Although we tried our best to make the PowerPoint slides as detailed as possible for ready-to-use purpose, it is possible that some slides may not have enough steps. If so, please email us and we will fill in the missing information and update the slides. You get a free copy.
7) Each lesson introduces at least one new Tinkercad skill and the project is designed to have students master that skill.
The complementary lesson plan for Make Your Mini Box Set" is here.
The following lesson plans will be posted in near future.
* Make Your Box Set
* Make Your Dice/Stamp
* Make Your Simple House
* Make Your Simple Toy Car
* Free Design
Jessica and her team