Want to try something new for St. Patrick's Day? Usually teachers have students design and color a shamrock. But how about designing, coloring, and BUILDING a 3D shamrock!
Follow these tips and directions to get started:
*Tip-You should COLOR and make one yourself BEFORE doing this with your class. It will let you anticipate the difficult phases so you can address them to your class before they run into those difficult phases themselves.
*Tip-Emphasize over and over that they should NOT CUT THE TABS OFF!!
*Tip- If your children are 2nd or 3rd graders you should do this project with parent volunteers to help you.
1. Print the shamrock on copy paper. Design and color THE BACK SIDE of the shamrock with the tabs all over it. It will be visible on the other side for them to design and color.
2. Have students cut out their design.
3. Have students design and color THE BACK SIDE of each of the trimming or sides of the shamrock (the rectangular strips with tabs all over them).
4. Have them cut all the sides (make sure you emphasize not to cut off the tabs).
5. Cut out the inside of the final shamrock.
6. Glue the rectangular strips by number to the shamrock.
7. Pass the shamrock through the cut out of the shamrock.
8. Glue the tabs to the back of the paper.