Practice 3D shapes with this kite-themed packet that’s perfect for a springtime review.
The emergent reader reinforces 3D shapes as well as colors.
The packet includes:
* A 2-on-a-page emergent reader booklet.
* Students read the simple sentences, trace and write the shape and color words, then color the pictures appropriately.
* A set of colorful, 3D shape pocket chart cards, with matching black and white ones, so that students can color, cut, and add the cover, to make an Itty Bitty Booklet.
* A graphing extension
* A “design your own kite” worksheet.
* 40 lovely photographs of real 3D-shaped kites, many of which also feature 2D shapes.
Print, laminate and trim. (There are 4 pictures per page.)
Children choose one or two and write the shapes and colors that they see on their “I Spy!” recording sheet.
For writing practice, have students write a sentence or two about the kite picture.
To use as an independent center, have students sort the photographs by shape.
The pictures also make a lovely spring bulletin board.
* Since I included color words in the emergent reader, I also included a set of colorful pocket chart cards, as well as a set in black and white so students can add the cover and make a “Flipping Over Colors!” Itty Bitty Booklet. (“grey” & “colours” spelling options are also included).
* For your convenience, I also included my free, 3D poster packet.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you and your students really enjoy practicing 3D shapes with kites.