This is a zipped folder containing a PDF version and an editable Word / PowerPoint / Excel of each of the following files:
- a more detailed 2-page lesson plan (suitable for trainees)
- a less detailed 1-page lesson plan
- 3D shapes flash cards
- a 3D shapes PowerPoint
- a formative assessment
Worksheets containing 3 levels of difficulty.
- Lower – fill in table with the name, number of vertices, number of
edges and number of faces for sphere, cylinder, cone, hemisphere, cube, cuboid, (square based) pyramid and (triangular) prism
- Higher – fill in similar table for triangular-based pyramid, square-based pyramid, pentagonal based pyramid, hexagonal-based pyramid, triangular prism, pentagonal prism and hexagonal prism
- Gifted and talented -given a face of a 3-D shape, need to identify which 3-D shapes it could be e.g. if see a square it could be a cube, cuboid or square-based pyramid.