1. These Lesson Plans cover the multiplication of one-digit numbers by multiples of ten ranging from 10 to 90. For example:
7 x 80 = 560
2. Students will create expressions and use strategies based on place value and the associative property of multiplication. For example:
7 x 8 x 10 = 560
3. Students will also continue to learn basic multiplication facts (such as 7 x 8) by using the distributive property of multiplication. For example:
(7 x 8) = (7 x 4) + (7 x 4)
4. Students can model the distributive property of multiplication by drawing an array and by using graph paper. These concepts are also covered in the Third Grade Standards 3.OA.C.7 and 3.MD.C.7.C.
5. These Lesson Plans include templates that allow teachers to modify and create additional practice problems for students.