Are you looking for an engaging way to introduce fractions with your students? Look no further! Travel with your students to Frank Fraction's pizzeria to set the foundation of this sometimes tricky math concept by transforming your classroom!
This product includes:
- Decor to transform your classroom! Including chef hat templates, place mats, blank pizzas, and toppings!
- Links to a blog post with even more information for implementation, lesson plan content, & photos of when I implemented this in my classroom!
- 5 engaging (and easily differentiated) activities to introduce 3.NF.A.1 to your students themed towards the transformation (with black & white and color options, as well as with and without QR codes!)
These activities include:
- Make Your Own Pizza (students will use their understanding to create a pizza, using pre-made toppings or crayons, and complete a log reflecting the fractional parts they created)
- Make the Pizza (students will follow directions to make a specific pizza - great for a quick check!)
- 12 Task Cards (students will read the direction on each card to identify the fractional part specified - including two log options with and without QR codes)
- 60 Pizza Orders (great for real-world application; have students take orders from each other or have staff members pop in and post their orders for students to fulfill using the pre-made resources I have provided)
- Identify the Pizza (students will look at 4 pre-made pizzas and record the fractional parts on the provided log)
You will get 55 pages worth of content! Check out the preview for a closer look!
My students were HOOKED in this introduction, and grasped the content so quickly and richly... plus, it was a BLAST for me to teach & for the students to learn!
Want to know more before you purchase? Click here to see my blog post explaining it all in full detail! https://shorecanteacher.weebly.com/blog/meet-frank-fraction-his-pizzeria-a-classroom-transformation