1. By the end of the third grade, students are expected to know from memory all of the products of two one-digit numbers. (Standard 3.OA.C.7).
2. These Lesson Plans explain the strategies and concepts used to help students learn their multiplication facts. These strategies include:
- Identifying patterns within the multiplication tables. (Standard 3.OA.D.9).
- Understanding that the product (answer) in a multiplication problem can be thought of as the total number of objects, when the objects are arranged into either equal groups or rows.
- The use of the commutative, associative, and distributive properties of multiplication. These are the "properties of operations." (Standard 3.OA.B.5).
- The use of arrays and area models to model multiplication products.
3. These Lesson plans include practice problems, worksheets, blank multiplication tables, and graph paper needed to gain a mastery of these standards.