This curriculum helps third-grade students learn more about the inventor Thomas Edison from his exploits as a boy.
In this curriculum, you get
1) A 5-day lesson plan
2) Reading sheet created for third-grade readers
3) Deeper level thinking class discussion questions
4) Comprehension questions and a study guide
5) A class activity that focuses on making your own telegraph machine
6) A worksheet that uses the Morse Code
7) A worksheet to help kids make the front page of their own newspaper, as Thomas Edison did
8) Inquiry questions for students to dig deeper into Thomas Edison as an inventor and his life
9) Vocabulary worksheet
If you are looking for other third-grade curricula, search "3SL" on this site or browse the store: Kay's Simple Literature and Review Games. Even better, follow me, and you'll be notified when I've posted additional lessons.
“3SL – Thomas Edison as a Boy – Inventor” is copyrighted (c) 2013 by S. Kay Seifert. All rights reserved. No part of this material (in part or as a whole) may be altered. Teachers and parents may use this material for students in the classroom or at home, reproducing student sheets for personal use. This curriculum may not be commercially reproduced for print, electronic, or other formats and/or platforms, and may not be distributed electronically or commercially, unless written permission is given by S. Kay Seifert.