This product is designed to be a hands-on reinforcement of poetry vocabulary terms. This product is specifically designed for the 3rd-5th GRADE READING STAAR test and can be used for quick review, guided reading material, tutorials, small group, or even whole group instruction tool. Use this tool after you have thoroughly taught the poetry vocabulary or as a pre-assessment piece.
Possible extensions for depth and complexity are:
1. Students give examples for each term.
2. Students create possible test questions for each term.
3. Students create pictorial representations of each term.
4. Use this as a memory game for workstations!
Possible modifications to accommodate SPED are:
1. Give only 5 terms for students to learn
2. Allow students to create a foldable (where terms are on one side and the definitions are on another)
3. Give the answer sheet so that students can create flashcards or glue into their interactive notebooks.
There are many ways you can use this! I hope you find it helpful!
Mrs. Allison Bell